Terms And Conditions Of Hire
Care and Handling
- Fancy Tea insists that all items must be HAND WASHED only. This is due to the level of heat used during a dishwasher cycle; and the highly caustic dish washer powders and detergents. Both result in damaging the china.
- Please ensure that all people responsible for cleaning and packing the china are familiar with the instructions in the “Care and Handing” and “Packing ‘Fancy Tea’ Boxes” documents.
- By prior arrangement, a cleaning service can be provided at an additional 30% of the total hire price.
- All items are expected to be returned in the same condition as supplied (clean). Should items be needing to be rewashed, additional fees may apply.
- Under no circumstance should any item from the Fancy Tea collection be placed in a dishwasher or microwave oven.
Period of Hire
- The standard hire period of hire is 3 days, unless otherwise by prior arrangement.
- Should items be required for a longer period of time, additional charges will apply.
- All items will remain the property of Fancy Tea at all times.
Delivery and Collection
- Fancy Tea can arrange for the delivery and collection of goods however a delivery fee will apply depending on the individual destination.
- The minimum hire charge is $60.
- A non-refundable booking deposit of 25% or $100 (whichever is greater) is required at the time of booking to secure your date.
- The balance of the hire charges must be paid no later than 7 days prior to the date of hire.
- Fancy Tea accepts payment via the following options: cash, VISA, Mastercard, PayPal or bank transfer.
By prior arrangement, Fancy Tea can set up hired items. Prices for this service are available on request.
- You may cancel your order in whole or in part at any time in writing, via email
- Cancellation charges will apply as follows:
(a) If booking is cancelled 2 weeks or more before the function date, Fancy Tea will make a full refund less the non-refundable booking deposit.
(b) Bookings cancelled less than 7 days prior to the hire date will forfeit 50% of the total hire fee;
(c) Bookings cancelled less than 2 days prior to the hire date will forfeit 75% of the total hire fee.
- Change of event/hire date may be made up to 7 days prior to the originally booked date without incurring a cancellation fee.
- Change of event dates within 7 days of the originally booked event date shall be treated as a cancellation and fees shall be incurred as per above.
- Fancy Tea will supply items in good vintage condition without cracks or chips.
- Due to the age and nature of the items, some evidence of wear must be expected.
- It will be the hirer’s responsibility to notify Fancy Tea immediately should any item for whatsoever reason is not delivered in this state.
- Fancy Tea requires a refundable security deposit of $100 or 25% of the hire amount (whichever is greater), payable together with the balance of the hire charges.
- During the period of hire any damage or loss of the hired items (including packaging and complimentary items) are the responsibility of the hirer.
- Fancy Tea will charge for any items (at the replacement value), which are either not returned or returned in a damaged state.
- The refundable security deposit will be refunded (less any breakages, if any) within 7 days of return of the Fancy Tea goods.
- Any amount payable for lost or damaged items exceeding the amount of the security deposit, Fancy Tea will issue an Invoice for the remaining amount which is payable within 30 days.
- The hirer is responsible for the goods from the time they are delivered by Fancy Tea or collected by the hirer and only ends when the goods have been collected by Fancy Tea and or returned by the hirer.
- Fancy Tea accepts no responsibility for any injury or damage caused by the hire equipment, however caused.